Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Glass Etched Plates

Tried a little glass etching today.

Not too bad...not too bad. 
Would of been perfect if my plates didnt have scratches on them, but those were more of those supplies I had lying around from my mom.
(Actually, they kinda sorta rode in the back of my car for a while also before lying around....oops!)


 

I used my Cricut and cut out my words & images on contact paper to use as a stencils.
I stuck the "stencil" on the plate where I wanted it, and applied the etching cream. 
(I am not using these plates for eating, so I put them on the front...but if I were, I would have to cut them out backwards and apply to the back of the plates.)
I let it sit for 5 minutes and then rinsed. 
Pretty easy, I would say!

(I gave the friends one to my mom, she likes penguins! Thats suppose to be a penguin....kind of hard to see, I know! haha)


Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails