Thursday, December 02, 2010

Just a few things I have been working on....

Just a few..... ;)



Here is my new Christmas Wreath!
I wrapped a foam wreath form in yarn. Then made a few rosettes and cut out a few holly leaved and hot glued them to the wreath. I also hung a little sign in the middle that I found at the Dollar Store. I pretty much winged it as I went. I knew I wanted it wrapped in yarn...and so I went from there.




I made some Christmas Countdown Blocks. I made a set for my sisters families and myself. My husband cuts the wood for me. (This is pre-Cricut, more on that later)



I made myself a Christmas Card/Photo Holder. I originally found the idea of Pottery Barns Website (which was $50!)...but I don't see it there anymore to provide the link...so here is another link to a different one.

I bought some wire that is kind of thicker. Then I just started cutting and twisting, figuring it out as I went along. Basically it is one long piece of wire, with doubled circles all along it. Then you make another just like it. So you have one for each 'side'. Then you use another wire to wrap the two together all the way down. Then you curl the ends, top & bottom. Then I used some nails to attach it to my wall. My hands were a bit sore while working on this...but it came out pretty good.



I made myself a little Christmas hanging. I just got myself a CRICUT!!! So...I was playing with it and really wanted to try cutting fabric with it. It works!!



I made a Let it Snow sign. Everything on it was cut from my Cricut with white Contact paper. I was experimenting. So EASY!
LOVE IT!




I made a couple new stockings for me and my husband. Just some patchwork with Christmas fabric. =)



THIS....I love!
I have seen a few of these Stocking Signs around in Blog World...and that was one of the FIRST things I made with my Cricut!
I used drawer knobs/pulls on it to hand the stockings (yes...my cats have stockings)



I made these Snow People. I used a pillowcase for the white fabric. I want to make matching Snow Kitties to go along with it.
I will post a tutorial on these soon!

Phew....So that is what I have been up to. Actually there are more projects, I just haven't gotten around to get photos of them!
I hope to post some more soon!

Thats it for now. Time to get ready for WORK!


Photobucket


Linking to These Parties:


NightOwlCrafting



Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the  weekend      wrap    up           party!

3 comments:

Deidra said...

Those are all awesome! I need to give that card holder a try!
The stockings are fantastic and the snowmen are cuuute! And that Cricut... man, someday I need to "get me one-adose." I can't wait to see what else you make with it!

EXCLAMATION!

Fallan said...

Haha, thanks!
If you do make one of the card holder, and need any more explanation on it, let me know. I kind of just figured it out as I went along.
The Cricut is THE best! I have been wanting one for at least 2 years, but it was soooo expensive! Walmart had a great deal on it on Black Friday...so I went just for that mainly. Definitely a good investment. Makes things easier and I can make so much MORE!

GretchenP said...

i love the stocking hanger!! must do! must do! :) thank you!!
(linked ya from tatertots & jello)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails