Thursday, December 16, 2010

Fabric Stuffed Gingerbread House!

So this is what I worked on, ALL DAY yesterday. I had the day off from work, and I was hanging out with my sick kitty. So I wanted to work on a project that I could pretty much do most of on my couch while watching some Christmas movies!

For some reason, I really love Gingerbread Houses. I have been wanting to make a fabric one. I found a little tutorial online and decided to try it! I found it here at Sew Can Do.

Of course I tweaked mine a little. I just used some tan fabric instead of fleece. I also decided to go to town with the embellishments (which is why it took me ALL DAY). I also decided to hot glue everything on. I only sewed the body of the house up and then hand sewed the chimney, because my husband said it NEEDED a chimney. =)

I used for the embellishments:
Felt
Fabric
Rhinestones
Buttons
Pompoms
Sequins
Ribbon
Ric rac (of course!)

I cut out the house, then worked on most of the "decor", then I sewed the house up. Turned right side out, and stuffed it. Hand sewed the opening. Then I added extra details, like the sequins! Which I think added the extra "oomph" it needed. It is suppose to look like snow/ice. It is so much more sparkly in person!

It is actually a pretty good size, 10 inches long. I think it turned out pretty neat! I love that I can put it out next year and the year after and the year after...and so on.











Photobucket


Linked to these Parties:



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails