Thursday, August 05, 2010

Le Sac Dress

So here is my project for this week's challenge for The CSI Project!

I almost forgot about this week being about sewing, so I just whipped this up this morning. This is something I have been wanting to make for a while now.
You know how I like quick and easy projects?! Right??
Well, I found this idea on Cut Out & Keep and the original idea comes from American Apparel. 
It is called Le Sac Dress

It's really cute! Its a dress that you can wear in different ways!!
I'll post a tutorial sometime soon, but I will quickly explain it.

It is basically a rectangle of fabric (cut in two).
To get the width of one side, you measure your bust and add half of that measurement to it.
Mine was 37" + 18.5" = 55.5"
Two pieces that you sew up the sides, but leave about 6 inches that are 'arm holes'. You hem the bottom, add a casing to the top to add a long piece of ribbon through the front & back.

Here are the photos of some of the different ways you can wear it =)

(Excuse the awkwardness in the photos...I had my husband take them quickly)



 
(I think I'm going to wear it like this today)




Photobucket

I linked to these Parties!

Visit thecsiproject.com


Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

Blog+Button+to+size.jpg












Sumo Sweet Stuff

8 comments:

FrouFrouBritches said...

That is precious!!! I love that it's so versatile. It looks adorable on you.

Fallan said...

Thank you so much!! It really was easy to make.

Joanna @ The Casa said...

That is so versitile! It would be so cute in so many patterns. What a great idea!

raggygirlvintage said...

Who woulda thought?? So versatile! Thanks for visiting my blog:-)
Tracey

Amber said...

What a cute dress!!!

Jessica @ Saving Money Living Life said...

This is so far beyond my skill level- I can do almost anything as long as it doesn't involve any form of sewing or clothes-making :) Great job! Thanks for stopping by our blog on Friday and linking up- we love having you participate!

sisters4saymoreismore said...

so adorable!!! i love all the cool ways you can wear it! and the color you chose is genious! thanks for the hair advice... i feel a little better with lighter hair and i love to have it short... my hubby really wants me to keep it long but i just don't love it... sometimes the up keep is a little annoying (i do it my self, not liscenced, just brave and coordinated) but worth it cause i feel cuter!

~ love your blog~

~selina

Fallan said...

Thanks Selina! I say, if you are coordinated to do your hair yourself, go for it! I do my own also. Good luck!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails