Thursday, August 05, 2010

Le Sac Dress

So here is my project for this week's challenge for The CSI Project!

I almost forgot about this week being about sewing, so I just whipped this up this morning. This is something I have been wanting to make for a while now.
You know how I like quick and easy projects?! Right??
Well, I found this idea on Cut Out & Keep and the original idea comes from American Apparel. 
It is called Le Sac Dress

It's really cute! Its a dress that you can wear in different ways!!
I'll post a tutorial sometime soon, but I will quickly explain it.

It is basically a rectangle of fabric (cut in two).
To get the width of one side, you measure your bust and add half of that measurement to it.
Mine was 37" + 18.5" = 55.5"
Two pieces that you sew up the sides, but leave about 6 inches that are 'arm holes'. You hem the bottom, add a casing to the top to add a long piece of ribbon through the front & back.

Here are the photos of some of the different ways you can wear it =)

(Excuse the awkwardness in the photos...I had my husband take them quickly)



 
(I think I'm going to wear it like this today)




Photobucket

I linked to these Parties!

Visit thecsiproject.com


Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

Blog+Button+to+size.jpg












Sumo Sweet Stuff

8 comments:

FrouFrouBritches said...

That is precious!!! I love that it's so versatile. It looks adorable on you.

Fallan said...

Thank you so much!! It really was easy to make.

Anonymous said...

That is so versitile! It would be so cute in so many patterns. What a great idea!

raggygirlvintage said...

Who woulda thought?? So versatile! Thanks for visiting my blog:-)
Tracey

Amber D said...

What a cute dress!!!

Jessica @ Saving Money Living Life said...

This is so far beyond my skill level- I can do almost anything as long as it doesn't involve any form of sewing or clothes-making :) Great job! Thanks for stopping by our blog on Friday and linking up- we love having you participate!

Unknown said...

so adorable!!! i love all the cool ways you can wear it! and the color you chose is genious! thanks for the hair advice... i feel a little better with lighter hair and i love to have it short... my hubby really wants me to keep it long but i just don't love it... sometimes the up keep is a little annoying (i do it my self, not liscenced, just brave and coordinated) but worth it cause i feel cuter!

~ love your blog~

~selina

Fallan said...

Thanks Selina! I say, if you are coordinated to do your hair yourself, go for it! I do my own also. Good luck!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails